Easy Crockpot Stuffing is perfect for holidays when oven space is short! It has amazing flavor because of the herbs and seasonings. Plus, it's so easy and delicious.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 45 mins
Total Time5 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. chopped onion
- 2 c. celery
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 8 oz cans mushrooms
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 16 c. dry bread cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dry sage
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
In a skillet melt butter. Saute onions, celery, parsley and mushrooms.
Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Pour butter mixture over bread cubes, add seasonings and toss together. Stir in broth. Add beaten eggs and mix together.
Pack stuffing lightly into greased slow cooker. Cook on high for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes reduce to low for 4 hours.
Tips and Tricks for the BEST Stuffing!
What Bread to use when making Stuffing?
I highly recommend using half white and half brown sandwich bread and drying it yourself, but really you can use any kind of bread. It can be from hot dog buns, leftover sandwich bread, bagels, crusts of bread from the kids. You get the idea!
Make sure you dry the bread cubs before making the stuffing.
You can also get unseasoned bread cubes from the store that might even already be dried for you!
How to Dry Bread for Stuffing?
- When adding your broth you want to add it slowly to ensure that you do not ad to much broth. You want just enough broth to moisten the bread cubes. Depending on the type of bread you use it can very up to a cup or more! Typically homemade bread cubes will take less broth than store bought bread cubes.
- If you add to much broth just throw in a few more dry bread cubes or store bought croutons. It will soak up the extra moisture making it the perfect consistency.
- This is a basic stuffing recipe, but feel free to add in more ingredients like dried cranberries, sausage and more!
- Counter - Cut bread into cubes and leave it out on the counter, uncovered, for at least 24 hours stirring occasionally to dry out the bread
- Oven - Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Lay the fresh bread cubes in a single layer on sheet pan. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes, stirring half way through, or until dried. Make sure that the bread cubes do not toast or brown.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.79g | Protein: 7.69g | Fat: 14.19g | Saturated Fat: 7.95g | Cholesterol: 50.96mg | Sodium: 910.98mg | Potassium: 251.95mg | Fiber: 3.62g | Sugar: 5.19g | Vitamin A: 519.91IU | Vitamin C: 6.31mg | Calcium: 101.41mg | Iron: 2.54mg