Spaghetti and Meatballs
Tender, juicy homemade meatballs in a marinara sauce then served over a bed of spaghetti noodles!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c. Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 10 oz pasta sauce
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Meatballs
Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, sea salt, pepper & egg. Shape into 12 meatballs.
Dredge or roll your meatballs in flour making sure to dust off the excess. Heat a deep, large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat with 3 Tbsp olive oil.
Add meatballs to pan and saute until browned on all sides. About 6 minutes total. Then remove meatballs and set aside. They will not be cooked through at this point, just browned on the sides.
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs
In skillet or dutch oven that you previous used (you might want to wipe out the grease) add spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer. Gently add in meatballs, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
In the meantime bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to directions.
Serve over hot spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Tips & Tricks to making the BEST Spaghetti and Meatballs!
- Be careful not to over mix your meatballs, which change the texture of them. You want them soft and juicy!
- When you roll the meatballs, don't pack them too tight! Grab some of the mixture and lightly pat and roll it in your hands just until the meatball holds together. That way your meatballs won't be too dense.
- When you brown the meatballs don't cook them all the way through because they will finish cooking in the sauce. Overcooked meatballs can be too dry, so only brown them for a few minutes.
- To save even more time feel free to substitute frozen meatballs instead of making your own homemade meatballs.
- If you have a favorite homemade marinara sauce you should use it! If you have a favorite homemade spaghetti sauce use that!
Calories: 912kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 1247mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 372IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 421mg | Iron: 6mg