Christmas Cake Mix Cookies
Soft, chewy and super simple cookies that start with a cake mix!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 1 c. butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 strawberry jello
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring gel
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp almond extract.
In a mixing bowl, or your stand mixer beat together the cake mix, melted butter and eggs.
Separate the dough in half. Add the jello, water and food coloring to one half of the dough.
To the other half of the dough add the water, and almond extract.
Take a small tablespoon size piece of red and of white dough. Roll them together to make a marble like cookie.
Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will start to crack when they are done. Remove from the oven and let them continue to cook for about 2 minutes on the hot sheet.
Remove from the pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
Change the flavor and color!
Tips for Storing Cake Mix Cookies
- I've also made these cookies with cherry jello to switch up the flavors, so you can do that, too.
- Or, if you don't want to add a different flavor you can double the amount of almond extract, flavor all of the dough with it, and just use food coloring for half the dough so you still have two colors. It's up to you!
- Store in an airtight container and they keep well at room temperature for a few days.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. The dough will keep well for a few days!
- Or, make your cookie dough balls and then freeze them to bake later. This is great if you want to get a headstart on your holiday baking. When you're ready to bake the cookies, just thaw the cookie dough balls at room temperature, press them down a bit, and bake them following the recipe instructions.
- You can also freeze the cookies after they're baked! Make sure they're completely cooled and then freeze them for up to three months. To thaw, just leave them out at room temperature for an hour or so.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 19mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.5mg