Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
This Italian Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe is an easy pasta salad that's full of flavor! Cold pesto pasta salad is perfect for any night of the week or take it to your next summer BBQ.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 8 ounces dried pasta, use a short pasta such as penne, rotini, macaroni or something similar
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1/2-1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the pesto, Italian dressing, beans, tomatoes, olives, and cheese. Stir in pasta. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with toasted pine nuts just before serving.
- I STRONGLY suggest you spend the extra time to make your own pesto for this salad if you can. It makes all the difference. But I do realize the need for convenience too, trust me I have 8 kids!
- You can make this pesto pasta salad 24 hours in advance and store in the refrigerator.
- This salad can be changed up very easily. Add in your favorite rotisserie or grilled chicken, any type of short pasta works great or try cheese tortellini, change out the white beans for garbanzo beans, add in fresh mozzarella balls, add cucumber or spinach. Pretty much anything that goes well in a salad will work here.
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 660mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16.1% | Vitamin C: 6.7% | Calcium: 17.3% | Iron: 21.8%