Texas Caviar Recipe
Texas Caviar is also known as Cowboy Caviar! It's a great dip, salad or topping to your favorite grilled chicken or steak!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans white corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Gourmet Garden lightly dried cilantro
- ½ c. rice vinegar
- ½ c. olive oil
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ tsp Gourmet Garden Stir-in Garlic Paste
Combine pinto beans, black beans, corn, green chiles, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan mix together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and garlic paste. Bring to a boil and simmer the mixture for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour dressing over the bean mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 408mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 31.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2.5mg