Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Quick and easy pumpkin pie that is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 14 oz can sweet condensed milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pie shell unbaked
- Whipped cream for topping
Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except pie shell. Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool 2 hours.
Serve or refrigerate until serving time. We recommend serving with a dallop of whipped cream!
Store in refrigerator.
- Whether you use homemade pie dough or a prepare unbaked pie shell, make sure the dough is cold when you add the filling. This will help make your baked pie crust flaky.
- Keep an eye on your pie while it bakes. If you bake a pumpkin pie too long you could end up with cracks on the top. One way to tell your pie is done is by checking the middle. It will be slightly jiggly. As it cools it will continue to bake.
- If you do end up with cracks in the top of your pie, no worries! It will still taste great - just cover up the imperfections with whipped cream!
- The pie will smell amazing while it bakes, but don't be tempted to slice it while it's still warm! The filling needs time to fully set - if you slice it too soon the filling might ooze out all over the place.
- You can use store-bought whipped cream, but it's so easy to make your own! Get all my best tips and tricks in my post How to Make Whipped Cream.
- Make your pumpkin pie ahead of time. Up to a day in advance works well and gives the pie time to develop its flavors.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 8464IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2mg