Crock Pot Spaghetti
Tender spaghetti noodles, spicy Italian sausage in a creamy spaghetti sauce made with cream cheese in your slow cooker!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 jars of pasta sauce (24 ounce each)
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated or powder
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth low sodium
Brown Italian sausage in medium skillet. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Drain grease and set sausage aside.
Pour one jar of pasta sauce on the bottom of your crock pot. Break spaghetti noodles in half and place on top of sauce. Put sausage on top of noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cut cream cheese into little chunks and put in crock pot on top of Parmesan cheese. Pour another jar of pasta sauce over the cream cheese.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring a few times throughout cooking time.
After three hours stir spaghetti mixture. Pour last jar of pasta sauce and chicken broth into crock pot. Replace lid and cook on low for one hour.
You can substitute the Italian sausage for ground beef, turkey or even chicken if you’d like. You can even skip the ground meat and use frozen meatballs instead!
If you don’t want to use all chicken broth you can substitute some of it for water or all of it.
Don’t have cream cheese? You can skip this ingredient, but the sauce won’t be as creamy.
- Remember that every slow cooker cooks differently and at different temperatures. It’s important that you know your crock pot. Keep an eye on your pasta, stirring in regularly and test it so you know when it’s done. Overcooked pasta gets gummy, mushy and isn’t ideal!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 706kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 2970mg | Potassium: 1601mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1643IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 6mg