Layers of homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, ice cream, strawberries and caramel and chocolate sauce!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Fajita size Tortillas
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 c. strawberries chopped
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 c. ice cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon together for cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of cinnamon sugar over each tortilla. Use pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet sugar side up. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed up and just turning golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
Arrange cooled cinnamon chips on a plate. Top with ice cream, strawberries, banana, chocolate syrup and caramel ice cream topping.
Alternative Topping Ideas
- Fruit - blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, bananas or raspberries - no rules here, use your favorite!
- Whipped cream, Oreo cookies, M&M's, or mini chocolate chips!
- Sauce - hot fudge, dulce de leche, chocolate syrup, chocolate or strawberries sauce. Don't forget butterscotch!
- Nuts - pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts
- Prep the homemade cinnamon tortilla chips ahead of time then have your guests assemble their own Dessert Nachos buffet style so everyone can have the exact toppings they like
- Tortilla chips are done when they start to puff up.
- Instead of making your own cinnamon tortilla chips you can purchase Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips if you want to save time.
- Another way to make the chips is to use prepared pie dough instead of tortillas.
Calories: 729kcal | Carbohydrates: 115g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg