Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Enjoy your favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich flavors in a soft chewy dessert bar.
- 1 c. butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. jam of your choosing
- 2/3 C salted peanuts coarsely chopped, optional
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
Add flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
Spread 2/3 of the batter mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Spread jam over the batter and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Leave about 1/2 inch around the sides without jam. Drop the remaining dough over the jam, in about teaspoon size drops.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges start to brown. Remove from from oven.
- You can use any flavor of jelly you want and this is a fun way to mix it up!
- If you love chunky peanut butter it's fun to add the chopped peanuts, but if you'd rather leave them out that's fine too!
- You can store the bars in an airtight container and they'll keep well at room temperature for three to four days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 319IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg