Dorito Taco Salad
This is always a hit at any party or backyard party. It's loaded with ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and Nacho Cheese Doritos for the perfect crunch!
- 1 Head Lettuce shredded
- 16 oz bottle Catalina dressing
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped, if desired
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger browned and grease drained off
- 15.5 oz bag Nacho Cheese Doritos crushed
Brown hamburger and drain off grease.
Mix it together with lettuce, dressing, tomatoes, onion and cheddar cheese in large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Right before serving mix in Doritos.
You can really make this however you’d like with the ingredients in your pantry. If you’d rather use chicken or turkey instead of beef it’s a great substitution.
Trying making the protein with a packet of taco seasoning for an extra kick.
Other great additions are beans, corn, pico de gallo, gaucamole, green onions, black olives, peppers and more!
They are always coming out with new Dorito flavors so switch out Nacho Cheese for Taco or Spicy Doritos or whatever you’d like.
- If you’d like to make this ahead of time simply layer the salad. First layer is the ground beef, then the tomatoes and onions form layer two. Sprinkle the lettuce on top of that and then the cheese. Leave off the Doritos until serving time. When it’s time to serve mix in chips and dressing and then toss to combine.
- Not a fan of Catalina dressing? Use Ranch, French or any other dressing you’d love.
- If you are not going to enjoy this all at one time simply take out the amount you’d like, top with chips and dressing then store the rest of the salad in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Iceberg is the classic lettuce used in this salad, but you can use romaine or mixed greens too.
- Top with your favorite Taco toppings like diced avocado, fresh cilantro etc.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 980mg | Potassium: 404mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 361mg | Iron: 2mg