Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake
Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake ~ A fabulously moist zucchini cake with a cinnamon swirl and topped with a cinnamon glaze!
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. butter melted and cooled
- 2 c. zucchini shredded
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
Cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Pour in melted butter and mix. Beat for 3 minutes with mixer on medium-high.
Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until just incorporated. Add zucchini and mix.
Stir cinnamon and sugar together in small bowl for cinnamon swirl.
Pour half of cake batter into prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle cinnamon swirl mixture over batter. Top with the rest of the batter.
Bake for 1 hour or until cake test done. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes. Then turn onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Mix glaze ingredients together in small bowl. You want this to be a little thicker so it doesn't run down the cake. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
Drizzle glaze over cake.
- It will be a lot easier to cream the sugar and cream cheese if you start with softened, or room temperature, cream cheese. So be sure to leave it out for at least 30 minutes before making the batter.
- When you add the flour and other dry ingredients to the batter be careful to not overmix! Mix long enough so the flour is absorbed. Reducing the amount of mixing will ensure your zucchini bundt cake has a soft and tender crumb!
- For the zucchini, use a box grater or food processor to shred it. You don’t need to wring the zucchini before adding it to the batter – you want all of the moisture in the cake. I know many recipes instruct you to strain the liquid from the zucchini first, but for this one you don’t need to!
- If your cinnamon glaze is too thick you can thin it with more milk, but only add a small amount at a time. You don’t want it too thin otherwise it will just run off the cake.
- Make sure the cake is cooled before you glaze it. It’s it’s hot or warm it will absorb the glaze.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.4mg