Crock Pot Pineapple Ham
Savory Ham with a Brown Sugar Glaze and Pineapple Slow Cooked and Waiting for You When You Get Home!
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 c. Brown Sugar divided
- 7-8 lb Bone In Spiral Ham
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits
Sprinkle 1 c. of the brown sugar in the bottom of your crock pot.
Place ham on top of brown sugar. Pour pineapple tidbits over the top of ham. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
Cook on low 2-3 hours or high 1-2 hours.
- Any ham will work for this recipe, but we like the spiral ham so the juices can get right into the ham to give it so much flavor. If you use a bone-in ham you could score it for the same effect.
- When you pour the pineapple on top, pull the slices apart so it can get into the ham giving it so much flavor.
- Make sure to use a 6-8 quart crock pot because this is a large cut of ham.
- If you use a 6 quart crock pot we recommend trying to find a ham on the smaller side like 6-8 lbs because it will be a tight fight.
- You can substitute the canned pineapple with fresh pineapple if you'd like.
- If you'd like to brown the ham more after cooking it in the slow cooker, place it in in a baking pan and broil for 5-10 minutes in oven.
- You will need about 3/4 lb of bone-in ham per person that you are serving. I always round up to 1 lb of ham per person to be on the safe side, remember to adjust if you have a lot of kids, they typically eat less. Plus, I love leftover ham to make ham salad and our favorite Ham & Penne Pasta!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat slices of ham, place on pan, cover with foil and warm it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 2364mg | Potassium: 650mg | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg