Beer Bread Recipe
Quick and easy homemade beer bread recipe that only requires six ingredients!
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz beer (you can sub ginger ale)
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder salt and beer. This will be sticky. Do not overmix.
Place batter in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Pour melted butter of the bread dough.
Bake bread in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Garlic – Mince a few cloves of garlic and mix into the batter for a garlic flavor.
- Cheese – Add in a cup of shredded cheese to the batter. This could be any type of cheese like cheddar or pepper jack.
- Herbs – Mince some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme. Dried herbs will also work. Just add either into the batter.
- Spice – Want a kick to your beer bread? Add in sliced jalapenos or green chilies and cheddar cheese for a fun twist.
- Does it taste like beer? Yes! Buttery, thick, rich beer and it’s delicious! No worries, all the alcohol cooks out of the bread so it’s safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Is there a substitute for beer? Yes if you don’t have any beer on hand, you can substitute with ginger ale.
- How do I store it? Place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Can I freeze it? Yes simple wrap in plastic cling wrap and then aluminum foil and place in a freezer resealable bag for up to 6 months. To thaw remove from freezer and let come to room temperature on the counter. We like to reheat the slices in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 4.2mg