These bars start with a soft oatmeal crust and are topped with caramel, chocolate chips, M&Ms and then is drizzled with white chocolate. They are perfect for taking to potlucks, parties or enjoying just because!
Servings: 20 Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 11.5 oz bag mini chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag mini M&M's
- 12.25 oz caramel sauce
- 2 oz chocolate or white almond bark melted
Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
Press into a 10×15 inch greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned around edges.
Spread caramel sauce on bars while still warm.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and M&Ms. Drizzle with melted almond bark.
Can I use a 9x13" baking dish?
Yes, you can! I've tested this recipe in a 9x13" pan and it works great. Just be sure to bake the bars a little longer because they will be thicker.
How long do they keep?
Since the oatmeal crust is soft once it's baked I don't like to make these bars too far in advance. You can make them up to a day in advance and store them in an airtight container, but you'll want to enjoy them within two to three days.
- You can pretty much use any kind of chocolate chips you like - semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate - they all work!
- Or, switch out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips. Or do a mix for even more deliciousness!
- Have you seen how many kinds of M&Ms there are these days? I like to use the classic chocolate ones, but feel free to get creative and try a different kind for a new twist.
- If you don't like almond bark you can easily substitute melted white chocolate, melted vanilla candy coating or melted chocolate chips.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.4mg