Tropical Coconut Granola
Homemade Granola Loaded with Dried Pineapple, Apricots, Golden Raisins, Cranberries, Shredded Coconut and Macadamia Nuts!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut I used sweetened
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/3 cup dried pineapple chopped
- 1/3 cup dried golden raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil.
In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, coconut sugar, macadamia nuts, and salt together.
Add in melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, maple syrup, and honey. Stir until well combined.
Spread the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
Bake granola for 30-35 minutes. Every 10 minutes, take the granola out of the oven and stir/flip granola (this helps it bake evenly). Press granola back into an even layer and put back into the oven.
Allow granola to cool about 20 minutes. Transfer granola into a ziplock bag or airtight container (if any granola is in large chunks, carefully break it into smaller pieces, if desired). Add in dried fruit.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.8mg