Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe
Comforting meatloaf recipe topped with ketchup and cooked in your slow cooker for an entire dinner in your crock pot!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb JENNIE-O® Turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 c. ketchup + plus more to top meatloaf
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes cleaned and diced
Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Form a loaf and place inside the slow cooker, making sure the meatloaf is not touching the sides.
In a bowl mix together the carrots, potatoes, 1/2 tsp salt and olive oil. Place around the meatloaf in crock pot. Top meatloaf with ketchup if desired.
Cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours or until veggies are cooked through and meatloaf's internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Can I make it in the oven instead?
Yes! Prepare it and then instead of placing in your crock pot place it in a loaf pan. Brush ketchup mixture on top and place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for about 55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.
You could also shape into a loaf and place on a baking sheet with aluminum foil, but I feel that the loaf pan provides a more moist meatloaf.
Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Can I substitute the ground turkey for ground beef?
Yes, you can! It will be great either way, just pick which one you prefer. We recommend using a 90% lean ground beef if you use beef.
- You can prep this the night before. Shape the meatloaf and place it in the crock pot with vegetable in advance. Refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Avoid over mixing your meat as it results in a tougher meatloaf. Mix the ingredients until they have just combined.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar in the ketchup for a sweeter glaze.
- Broil the meatloaf after cooking it to get the glaze super stick and delicious.
- Leftovers are good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- You can also freezer slices of meatloaf in airtight containers for up to 2 months.
- The internal temperature of the meatloaf should be 160 degrees F when cooked through.
- Got leftovers? Make a delicious meatloaf sandwich. Simply toast a hearty bread and warm up your meatloaf to be the sandwich filling.
Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 1769mg | Potassium: 1588mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 15935IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 10.8mg