Strawberry Overnight Oats
Overnight oats with strawberries and almonds is a healthy make-ahead breakfast is great for busy mornings!
Servings: 1 serving
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam plus more, if desired
- 2 teaspoons honey or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 4 strawberries
In a jar or bowl, combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, jam, and honey. Stir until well combined and all the oats are covered in liquid. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
For serving: warm oats in the microwave, if desired. Add almond butter and little more jam and stir just slightly so that you can see the swirls. Top with sliced almonds and strawberries.
- It’s best to let these soak overnight, but in a pinch they will be ready in about 2-4 hours. The oats won’t be quite as soft with the shorter soak time, but they are still delicious.
- Store these in an air tight container in the refrigerator and they will last up to 5 days. The longer they sit the softer the oats get, so we recommending enjoying them within 3 days.
- These are a great Sunday Meal prep idea for breakfast. Make a batch or two and have them last the entire week for breakfast.
- Hot or Cold? It’s really up to you! I prefer warming them up but a lot of people eat them cold straight out of the jar.
- Mix up the jam flavor and the toppings for even more fun. These are also great topped with bananas or chocolate chips! Or make it Elvis style with peanut butter instead of almond butter, grape jelly and bananas.
- Don’t like chia seeds? Leave them out, but it does help to thicken the mixture and give it a boost of fiber!
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin C: 29.9mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 3.2mg