Pumpkin Dump Cake
Quick, Easy Dessert Recipe Loaded with Pumpkin, Spices and Yellow Cake Mix!
Servings: 12 servings
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. white sugar
- 15.25 oz pkg. yellow cake mix
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl mix together pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, evaporated milk, eggs, and sugar. Pour into greased 9 x 14 in pan or 2.5 quart baking dish.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of pumpkin mixture. Drizzle butter over the top of cake mix. Top with walnuts. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Serve with Cool Whip or ice cream.
- It is made with yellow cake mix, which I think works really well. You could also use spice cake mix, too.
- The cake is topped with crunchy walnuts which gives it a great texture. If you don’t like walnuts feel free to substitute chopped pecans instead.
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. They aren’t the same thing, so double check the label!
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is really good when you serve the cake warm because the ice cream melts over the top – yum!
- Keep it really easy and add a scoop of Cool Whip on each serving. Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice over the top!
- There’s nothing better than a dollop of homemade whipped cream!
- Add a drizzle of caramel sauce to make it extra special!
Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 6018IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg