Delicious Homemade Turkey Gravy that Anyone Can Make!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. of turkey pan drippings strained or chicken broth
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in black pepper.
Slowly add flour, whisking continuously until mixture is smooth.
Slowly whisk in drippings or chicken broth into the pan. Make sure to whisk continuously. Cook gravy for several minutes until it thickens up.
Serve immediately or keep warm on low heat until ready to serve.
- Gluten Free - Simply substitute corn starch for flour at a 1:2 ratio to make this gluten free. That means you'd use 1/4 c. corn starch instead of 1/2 c. flour.
- Gravy with milk - If you are looking for a creamy gravy like sausage gravy just substitute part of the liquid for milk.
- Avoid lumps - The trick to making gravy lump free is to whisk continuously and slowly add in the flour while whisking.
- Thicker Gravy - If you would like the gravy thicker simply whisk in a little more of the flour or cornstarch. Although make sure you simmer it before you do this as it will thicken as it simmers.