Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, crich mashed potatoes loaded with flavor from butter, garlic and cream cheese that are made in your slow cooker!
Servings: 12 servings
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes cubed, peeled (optional)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bulb garlic crushed
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. milk or less
Place cubed potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker. Top with butter, pepper, salt and garlic. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4 hours or until potatoes are cooked through.
Place cream cheese and Parmesan cheese in crock pot with potatoes. Mash potatoes with hand mixer, slowly adding milk until potatoes reach desired consistency. Place sliced butter on top of potatoes if desired.
BEST POTATOES TO USE
I love to use Yukon golds because they have a buttery flavor and are really creamy when you mash them. You can also use russets too!
You don’t have to peel them – the skins are thin and tender once they’re cooked, so you can make it easy and skip the peeling. Or, feel free to peel them – I’ve done it both ways!
HOW TO MAKE THEM AHEAD
- Prepare them as instructed, except only add half of the butter.
- Once they are prepared, cool them and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To warm them up, place them back in the crock pot the next day (I do this at least an hour or two before serving them). Keep them on low and, once they’re hot, add the rest of the butter and stir until it’s melted and mixed in.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 866mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 2mg