Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
Soft, chewy peanut butter cookie bars loaded with chocolate chips!
Servings: 20 Bars
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and press down slightly.
Bake 25 minutes or until the middle is set and edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
Sometimes I make a batch of these for the family, but I freeze half of them for later! It's easy to just take them out of the freezer a few at a time - definitely keeps me from over-indulging.
I love the peanut butter cookie bar base, but you can switch up the add-ins if you want to experiment! Here are some ideas:
- You can make these a day in advance, but I recommend waiting to slice them. Instead, wrap the fully cooled pan in plastic wrap and then slice them when you're ready to serve them. This will ensure they don't dry out.
- Leftover bars will keep for up to three days at room temperature - just be sure to keep them in an airtight container.
- You can also freeze the bars! Once they are cooled you can tightly wrap the entire pan and freeze it for up to three months. Just leave it out at room temperature to thaw and then slice. Or, you can wrap the individual bars and keep them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Sprinkle any kind of chips over the top - milk, dark, and semi-sweet chocolate chips are all great!
- You could add some peanut butter chips and mix them up with the chocolate chips.
- Love white chocolate? Add some white chocolate chips!
- Or, chop up some peanut butter cups to sprinkle over the top - just make sure they're finely chopped and not in big chunks.
- Love peanuts? Chop up a few of those and add them to the batter.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 126mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.5mg