White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Muffins
White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Muffins - Scrumptious Homemade Muffins studded with White Chocolate Chips, Juicy Raspberries and finished with a Sweet Glaze.
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1 c. confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- pink food coloring optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with shortening or line with paper liners.
Whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Set the bowl aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil until combined. Add flour mixture until just combined. Don't over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full.
Bake muffins for 22-25 minutes or until golden. Remove the muffin pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before inverting the muffins onto the cooling rack to cool more.
Once muffins are still slightly warm, prepare the glaze. Whisk together sugar and milk until smooth. I drizzled about half of the glaze over the muffins and added 1 drop of pink food coloring to the remaining glaze and mixed it well. Drizzle pink glaze over the muffins as well. Let sit for 5-10 more minutes or until glaze is set. Enjoy!
- Don’t Overmix – Stir the batter just until everything is incorporated. It’s ok if it’s not perfectly smooth. If you overmix it the muffins will be tough instead of light and fluffy.
- Fold Raspberries – Gently fold in raspberries which will also help give you light and fluffy muffins. It will also help to not squish the raspberries!
- Fresh or Frozen Raspberries – Both will work in this recipe. You can also substitute it for another berry!
- Glaze – You can thicken this by adding more confectioner’s sugar or thin it out with more milk, just make the thickness to your preference.
- Pink Glaze – Adding the pink food coloring to the some of the glaze is completely optional. It’s just a fun pop of color to the muffins!
- Don’t love the glaze? Use this crumb topping recipe from these Banana Muffins!
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.1mg