Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
This Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup is creamy, rich with flavor and perfect for spring! Throw it in the Crock Pot and it will be waiting for you when you are ready to eat!
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced finely
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 stick celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh ripe tomatoes halved
- 1 litre or 4 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar/coconut sugar/sucanat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- handful fresh basil shredded
In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
Add the onions, carrot, celery and garlic. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until soft and transfer to slow cooker.
To the crockpot add all the other ingredients and stir. Cook for 2-3 hours on low.
Transfer the soup to a blender and blend for about 1 minute until smooth, or if you have an immersion blender (produces much smoother results) blend until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Top with additional basil and optional shredded cheese and enjoy!
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6085IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.5mg