Balsamic Steak Kabobs
Tender Steak Marinated in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette and grilled to perfection with cherry tomatoes!
Servings: 4 skewers
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into 1 in. cubes
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes
In a large bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, barbecue sauce and dijon mustard. Reserve 1/4 c. of the marinade for basting. Marinate steak in marinade, tossing to coat for at least 3 hours.
On four metal or soaked wood skewers thread beef and tomatoes in alternating fashion. Using a long-handled tongs rub a paper towel that's been moistened with cooking oil over grill grates to lightly coat them.
Place skewers on grill over medium heat, cover grill and grill until beef reaches desired doneness, about 8-9 minutes turning kebabs occasionally. Or broil about 4 inches from heat for 6-9 minutes. Turn occasionally and baste with reserved marinade during last three minutes of cooking.
Best Steak for Kebabs
There are several cuts of beef that are great for kebabs and my favorite to use is sirloin steak. It's leaner, cooks fast and has a really great flavor. Plus, it's not super expensive, which is nice! Here are some other cuts you can use for this recipe, too:
Although grilling gives these the best flavor you can also cook them in the oven. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Place the kebabs on a foil lined baking sheet that is sprayed with non-stick spray. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 10-13 minutes or until internal temperature of steak is 145 degrees F, which is medium doneness.
- If you want to be really fancy and don't mind spending extra use filet mignon. Super tender and so delicious!
- Ribeye steaks also work well or you could try a porterhouse steak.
- Tenderloin is another option, too!
- Cube the steak into uniform size, about 1'' cubes, so they cook evenly.
- Know your grill, different grills cook at different rates, so keep a close on these so you don't overcook your steak.
- Marinate the steak for at least 3 hours.
- Use other vegetables that you have to mix it up. Great ideas include squash, zucchini, pepper, onions, mushrooms and more.
Serving: 1kebab | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 696mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2.9mg