Oreo Poke Cake
Chocolate Cake Topped with Oreo Pudding, Cool Whip and Crushed Oreos! Quick, Easy Poke Cake That Everyone Will Love!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix Plus ingredients to make cake
- 2 packages of Instant Oreo pudding (4 ounces each)
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup crushed Oreo Cookies
Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a greased 9×13 pan.
When cake is done, immediately poke holes over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon in about 1 in. intervals.
Let cake cool while you prepare pudding mixture. In a medium size bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix. Make sure to whisk out all of the lumps. Let the pudding mixture sit for about 2 minutes. You want it somewhat thickened but not set like pudding.
Pour pudding mixture over warm cake. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes. Put in the fridge to set up which takes about an hour.
When cake is set spread Cool Whip over top and sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies. If you don’t plan on eating all the cake just sprinkle Oreos on what you will eat or they get soggy.
- Poke the holes in the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. It’s much easier!
- When you mix the pudding, let it sit long enough to thicken up so it’s soft set but not too thick. You should be able to pour it over the cake.
- If you don’t plan on serving the whole cake, only add crushed cookies on the slices you plan to serve right away. Wait to decorate the rest of the cake so the cookies don’t get soggy.
Keep the cake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. It will hold well at room temperature for a few hours if you’re serving it at a party or potluck, but it’s best to keep it chilled.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 162mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg