Light, fluffy egg muffins loaded with cheese and ham.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. diced ham
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and ham.
Pour mixture into 12 muffins cups.
Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are set in the middle.
HOW LONG DO EGG MUFFINS LAST?
Stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container these will last 3-4 days.
You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Make sure to let them cool completely before freezing. Then wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container or freezer-safe ziploc bag.
HOW TO REHEAT
Refrigerated – Place egg muffin on a microwave safe plate and then microwave for 15-20 seconds or until just heated through. If you over cook them they will become tough.
Frozen – Unwrap egg muffins from plastic wrap, wrap in damp paper towel and place on microwave safe plate. Heat in microwave in 20 second increments until warmed through.
- Spinach – You can use either frozen spinach that has been thawed and water squeezed out or fresh spinach that has been cooked.
- Vegetables: Diced tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions
- Protein: Cooked ground chicken, ground turkey, ground sausage, chorizo or crumbled bacon
- Double this recipe and serve them for breakfast and have more for the rest of the week because they reheat great. Also, great for serving to a crowd.
- Buy diced ham and shredded cheese to save on time.
- Make sure to grease your muffins well to avoid a stuck on mess. We recommend using a silicone muffin tin placed on a baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full because they puff up as they cook. They will deflate a little when they cool.
- Run a plastic knife around the inside walls of the muffin cup to help loosen them if needed.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 83mg | Vitamin A: 350IU | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 0.9mg