Upside Down Strawberry Cake
Delicious strawberry cake that starts with a box caked mixed and is infused with fresh strawberries! It's so easy anyone can make it!
- 2 c. fresh strawberries
- 2 boxes strawberry Jell-O 3 oz each
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 15.25 oz. strawberry cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake mix
- Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream
Take your two cups of strawberries and crush them with a fork. Pour into a greased 9x13 in cake pan. Sprinkle strawberry Jell-O over the top of the strawberries. Then sprinkle the marshmallows over the Jell-O.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour over the marshmallows.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Let sit for about 15 minutes and then run a knife around the outside of the cake. Flip onto a serving tray. Refrigerate.
Serve with Cool Whip. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Some cake mixes are 15.25 oz. If that's all you can find it will work fine, just prepare it according to the directions on the package!
- DO NOT prepare the Jell-O, just sprinkle the powder.
- The cake tests done with it's starting to pull away from the edges of the pan. You can also insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean it's done. Another quick test is to gently press your finger against the cake in the middle and if it pops back up after pressing into it lightly it's done.
- If you let it cool to much or refrigerate it before flipping it just warm the bottom of the pan over the stove and it will release.
- Don't want to flip it? Just serve it as is! It's still delicious!
- Can't find strawberry cake mix? Just use white or yellow and it's still delicious!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 47mg | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 17.4mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 0.8mg