Monster Cookies are delicious, soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal no chill cookies loaded with M&M's and Chocolate Chips.
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1/2 c. butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. M & M's
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
In a large mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer mix everything except chocolate chips and M&M's. Stir chocolate chips and M&Ms. Let stand 1/2 hour
Scoop 2-to 3-tablespoon mounds of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the at least 2 inches apart.
Place in oven and bake for about 12 minutes. Take out before they look done, underbaking them slightly is key to making the chewy. Let sit on the cookie sheet 5 minutes. They will continue to cook on the cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack and let cool.
How to Store Monster Cookies
- You will want to bake them at 325 degrees F (not 350!).
- Space them two inches apart on the baking sheet - they're big and need plenty of room to bake.
- I recommend using parchment paper to line your baking sheets.
- Let your baking sheets cool completely between batches so they don't spread.
- Mine are usually done in 12 minutes, but every oven is different so keep an eye on yours. You will want to take them out when they look a little underbaked - this is the key to getting a perfect chewy texture.
- Once you pull them out of the oven leave them on the baking sheet for five minutes. They will continue to bake and set. After five minutes transfer them to a baking rack to cool completely.
- You can store them on the counter for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- Another option is to freeze the cookie dough balls. Simply place them on a cookie sheet and then put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen. Pop them into a resealable freezer bag and freeze them. When you are ready to bake them just take them out and put on a baking sheet and bake as directed. They might take a few minutes longer because they are frozen.
- If you prefer to bake the cookies, then freeze them you can do that too. Make sure to let them cool completely and then place in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.3mg