Pico de Gallo
This quick and easy is so delicious and adds so much flavor to so many dishes as a topping or right by itself on a chip. It only requires six ingredients!
- 6 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and deveined
- 1/3 c. cilantro chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl until combined. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir together until well-combined. Pour into serving bowl to serve with chips as an appetizer or to add as a topping to other ingredients.
You can enjoy this right away but it is best if you let it marinate for at least a hour in the refrigerator.
Serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, burritos, or anything else you can think of!
- Make this recipe even easier by using a chopper to dice everything up except the cilantro. It save so much time.
- Make sure your tomatoes are very ripe. A great option in the winter when fresh, ripe tomatoes are hard to find is using cherry tomatoes.
- Chop all of your ingredients very finely so you can get a little of every ingredient in each bite.
- Let your pico rest for at least 15 minutes before serving, but we prefer about a hour of rest time to really let the flavors meld.
- The tomatoes will release moisture as they sit so serve this with a slotted spoon.
- Did you know it’s also called salsa fresca or salsa cruda?
Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1055IU | Vitamin C: 12.6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.3mg