Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Your favorite chicken alfredo recipe made right in the Instant Pot for an easy dinner recipe the family will love.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 8 oz fettucine noodles broken into thirds
- 15 oz jar garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 c. water
Add olive oil to instant pot. Turn instant pot on to saute function. Season chicken with pepper, then place chicken in pan when the oil is hot. Brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside until later.
Add garlic to pot and cook for about 1 minute. Add water and deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping off any browned bits from the bottom of the pot to avoid the burn message.
Add chicken breast back to pot. Then the fettuccine noodles broken in thirds. Then pour Alfredo sauce over the top. Try to make sure the noodles are covered.
Place lid on Instant Pot making sure valve is turned to the sealed position. Then turn to high pressure for 8 minutes and let cook.
When done cooking quick release pressure (I cover with a towel because the release valve can spray starchy water when cooking pasta). Let sit 5-10 minutes for sauce to thicken. Remove chicken during this time and slice. Add back in and stir. Serve.
- If you’d like to double this recipe make sure you have the 8 qt IP. You should be able to double it without changing the cooking time.
- Want a thicker sauce? Add a few cubes of cream cheese.
- Prefer a more al dente noodle? Reduce cooking time to 6 minutes.
- Skip the chicken or substitute it for shrimp or sausage. If using sausage make sure to brown it first in the Instant Pot.
- If it is to thick when you reheat leftovers add a splash of milk to the sauce to thin it out.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.5mg