Instant Pot Potato Salad
Creamy, delicious potato salad that's made in your Instant Pot!
- 3 c. red potatoes peeled and cubed into 1'' pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Put steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot. Add the water, potatoes and place the eggs on top of potatoes. Place lid on pressure cooker and lock into place. Select high pressure and set to 4 minutes.
When the four minutes is done, quick release pressure. Remove the lid when the pressure is released. Remove the steamer basket from the pressure cooker. Gently place eggs in cold water. Allow potatoes to cool.
In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Add cooled potatoes and gently mixed until potatoes are covered in mayonnaise mixture.
Peel and dice three of the cooled eggs. Gently mix into the potato salad. Chill at least one hour before serving.
Right before serving top with slices of remaining hard boiled egg.
- I used red potatoes, but you can also use Russet potatoes. Either will work.
- If you’d like to add chopped pickles, onion or celery add them when you stir the dressing into the potatoes.
- To peel or not to peel the potatoes? It’s really up to you, but we prefer to peel the potatoes.
- This is make ahead friendly! You can make it 2-3 days in advance. In fact, we recommend making it at least a few hours before you serve it to allow the flavors to really come together.
- Leftovers? Store in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- Mix it up and stir in chopped and cooked bacon, minced dill and more!
- Serving it at a party or potluck? Fill a bowl with ice then place the bowl of potato salad on top of it to keep it chilled. As the ice melts drain water and add more ice.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 641mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.4mg