Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe (Crock Pot or Oven)
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip is full of chicken, ranch, buffalo sauce, cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 c. ranch dressing
- 1/2 c. buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 c. Colby-Jack cheese shredded
In a small Crock-Pot mix together all ingredients. Stir well to combine.
Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring a few times while cooking if you can to mix up the cream cheese.
Serve with your favorite dippers like celery stick, crackers, pretzels, bread slicers etc!
Anything you can dip goes with this crock pot dip! My favorites are slices of bread (hearty to hold a lot of dip!), pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers, sliced bell peppers and celery.
Really, the sky is the limit. If you have leftovers stuffed inside a grilled cheese sandwich!
- We recommend a 1.5 quart crock pot for this recipe, but if you double it make sure to use a 3 quart crock pot.
- If you don't have any cooked, shredded chicken on hand simply substitute that with 2 cans of chunk chicken that has been drained. I will warn you that this will tend to break apart a lot when you cook it, so it's not the best option. I love having Crock-Pot shredded chicken in my freezer so I can make this dip any time I want!
- If you prefer blue cheese with your hot sauce instead of ranch simply substitute a blue cheese dressing for the ranch in this recipe!
- I prefer Colby-Jack cheese for this recipe, but in a pinch any shredded cheese will do! Remember it's best to use a block of cheese and shred it yourself because it will melt much better than the preshredded cheese!
- If you want to kick this Crock-Pot buffalo chicken dip up a notch add some more of the hot sauce. I started with a 1/2 c. but feel free to adjust depending on your taste preference. You can add buffalo sauce after it cooks if you want to adjust the level of spice.
How to Reheat
To reheat in the microwave, place leftovers in microwave safe bowl and heat for about 1-2 minutes depending on the amount of leftovers. Stir and enjoy.
You can also bake it in the oven in an oven safe dish or warm it up in a crock pot.
- Start by spreading the cream cheese on the bottom of a 1 quart baking dish. Layering the chicken, hot sauce, dressing and sprinkling with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 107mg | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 0.6mg