Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
Quick and easy green bean casserole that's made in your slow cooker to save on oven space!
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cans French Style Green Beans 14.5 oz each, drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup 10.75 oz each
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 oz French fried onions
Gently mix everything, except French fried onions, together in a Crock Pot sprayed with non-stick spray. Spread out evenly in Crock Pot
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Sprinkle French fried onions on top before serving.
- Drain the cans of green beans well prior to mixing with the other ingredients or your casserole will be runny.
- You can mix up the casserole ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just make sure to add about a 1/2 hour cook time because the mixture if cold when you start.
- If you want your French Fried Onions to be crispy like the traditional casserole then you can brown them in oven spread out on a baking sheet for a few minutes or in a skillet over medium-high heat on your stove top. When they are toasted sprinkle them over the casserole and serve immediately.
- You can keep this on the warm setting for up to 3 hours, but make sure to add the French Fried Onions right before serving or they get soggy. If you can avoid putting the lid back on after topping the casserole with the Fried Onions that is the best option to prevent them from getting soggy. Another great trick is to drape a paper towel over the Crock Pot then put the lid on. The paper towel will soak up condensation and help prevent the Fried Onions from getting soggy.
- If at the end of cooking time you think the casserole is to soupy simply cook the casserole with the cover off to allow some of the liquid to evaporate for about a 1/2 hour.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 967mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 1.1mg