Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Tender, delicious homemade pumpkin bread made in one bowl that's loaded with sweet chocolate chips.
Servings: 16 slices
- 3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 5x9x3 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon into loaf pans
Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack.
- This bread is delicious with a 1/2 c. of chopped nuts if you'd like.
- Toss your chocolate chips with a little flour before you add them to the batter. This prevents them from sinking to the bottom.
- Save a few chocolate chips or throw a few extra on top for presentation.
- To test the bread to see if it's done insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean or with just a few crumbs it's done.
- Leftovers should be completely cool then placed in an airtight container or resealable ziploc bag. Store it at room temperature for up to 5 days. If stored in the refrigerator it can be stored for 7-10 days.
- Freeze this bread by allowing it to completely cool first. Then wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap and place in a resealable freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw loaves overnight in the refrigerator.
- Instead of large loaves this recipe will make up to 8 mini loaves using mini loaf pans. These are perfect for sharing with friends. Start by baking mini loaf pans for 30 minutes and then testing to see if they are done.
- This bread will bake best in a lightly colored aluminum bread pan. This is because bread pans conduct heat so that they cook evenly to prevent the bread from getting to brown on the bottom.
Calories: 579kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 4505IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3.1mg