Oven baked snack mix full of three different chex cereals, peanuts, pretzels that is tossed is a savory butter sauce and baked in the oven.
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 2/3 c. corn chex cereal
- 2 2/3 c. rice chex cereal
- 2 2/3 c. wheat chex cereal
- 1 c. peanuts
- 1 c. pretzels
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl combine butter, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt. Mix until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat.
Spread evenly on 15'' x 10'' x 2'' baking pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Spread out on paper towel to cool. Stir in airtight container.
OPTIONAL ADD INS
Once it’s completely cooled store it in the a air tight container. It will last for up to two weeks, but tastes the best when enjoyed in the first 2-3 days.
It’s also freezer friendly. Cool the mixture completely then store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. We recommend a hard sided container instead of a bag so it doesn’t get crushed in the freezer.
- M&Ms – Make sure to stir them in after it cools a bit at the end so they don’t melt!
- Bagel Chips
- Cheez It Crackers
- Goldfish Crackers
- Garlic Powder
- When stirring make sure to use a gently hand so you don’t end up with a bunch of broken cereal.
- Play around with the seasonings or even add garlic powder etc.
- Make sure to stir while baking so it doesn’t burn and scorch. This isn’t optional!
- Package it up in a festive tin and give it for gifts around the holidays.
- You can mix and match the cereals and add ins as long as you have about 10 cups of them total.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 17.4mg