Honey Baked Ham
An easy ham recipe with a delicious honey glaze. It's moist, tender and delicious for the holidays.
- 8-10 lb bone-in ham fully cooked
- 2 1/4 c ginger ale
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 4 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep.
Baked uncovered at 325 degrees fro 1 1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside 1 c. for sauce.
Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F. During the last 30 minutes make sure to baste ham two more times with remaining glaze.
Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
- A smoked ham is fully cooked, so really what you’re doing is warming it up and giving it more flavor with this honey glaze!
- Bake the ham uncovered for best results!
- Basting the ham with the glaze during the cooking process will ensure it stay moist and tender.
- Line the roasting pan with tinfoil for an easy cleanup.
- If you would like to use a spiral ham instead you can. Skip the process of scoring the ham, place the ham cut side down in the pan and follow the steps of the recipe to prepare.
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you want to keep them after that freeze them, it will last for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 2704mg | Potassium: 668mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.2mg