Olive Garden Breadsticks
Light, fluffy homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks with just the right amount of seasoning! You'll love this easy recipe!
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant or rapid rise yeast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter melted & divided
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
For the dough, pour the water into a stand mixer with the sugar and yeast, let that sit and froth for about 10 minutes.
Add salt, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Mix the dough on low. Add the rest of the flour a half cup at a time, until dough scrapes the sides of the bowl clean. Mix the dough about 5 minutes on medium speed, until its soft and easy to work with.
Roll the dough out into a long log, cut the dough into 12-14 pieces. Roll those pieces into about 6 inch long snakes. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray, and lay the breadsticks out leaving about 2 inches between each one. Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 degrees. Let them rise for about 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Once risen, brush them with the 1 1/2 T of melted butter and sprinkle them with salt.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. While they are baking combine the rest of the melted butter with 1/4 t garlic powder. When the breadsticks are golden brown, remove them from the oven and brush them with the butter/garlic mixture.
- Be sure to allow ample time for breadsticks to rise, about a hour, so they are fluffy.
- The closer the oven rack is to the element the more golden brown the top will be, so if you want them golden brown move your rack up one level.
- Make sure you use sea salt for the garlic butter as this is key to getting that Olive Garden taste.
- This recipe does make quite a few, so if you do have leftovers and need to store them allow them to cool completely. Then wrap them in foil and again in plastic and store them in the refrigerator.
- Wrap the breadsticks in foil to protect the crust. This will keep the crust from burning but allow the inside to reheat. If you reheat it without wrapping it in foil first, the breadsticks will be hard. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for about 5 minutes to warm them up.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1086mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 5mg