Restaurant quality Baked Potatoes that are light and fluffy with a crispy, salty skin!
- 4 large Russet Potatoes
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Wash and dry the potatoes. Pierce the potato several times with a fork.
Place olive oil in bowl. Roll potatoes in oil.
In a small container mix together salt and pepper. Rub salt and pepper all over the potatoes.
Place potatoes on baking sheet and baked for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork. Exact baking time may differ depending on size of potatoes.
Serve with butter, cheese, chives, sour cream or any of your favorite toppings.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Baked Potato!
- You want to use large russet potatoes for this recipe. They are starchier with less moisture which means they'll be nice and fluffy on the inside once they're baked.
- Be sure to poke holes in the potatoes! This allows steam to escape while the potato bakes. If you don't poke holes in the potatoes the potatoes could explode in the oven. Eek.
- Other recipes may be different, but I like to bake my potatoes at a high temperature. First, they bake faster but also I find the skin is crispier.
- Don't skip the olive oil! Olive oil adds flavor, but it's also very important for achieving a crispy skin.
- And, while we're at it, don't skip the salt and pepper either. They both add flavor, but the salt helps make the skin crispy, too, by drawing out the moisture. Less moisture in the potato means the inside will be fluffier and the skin will be crispier.
- This recipe is for four potatoes. If you want to bake more potatoes, you may need to increase the bake time.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1174mg | Potassium: 902mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg