Cabbage and Noodles
Quick and easy dinner recipe! Cabbage and Noodles is also known as Haluski. Tender, sweet cabbage cooked in bacon and butter plus egg noodles.
- 16 oz bag Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- 12 oz thick cut bacon 7-8 slices, cut into ½ pieces
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 head green cabbage sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ c. butter
Prepare Reames frozen egg noodles according to package directions. When they are done, drain and place back in sauce pan with butter.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet cook bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
Add the diced onion to the bacon grease in skillet. Cook until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
Add the sliced cabbage and garlic to skillet and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir through out cooking to make sure the cabbage cooks evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir cabbage and bacon into noodles and serve.
- Don't overcook the egg noodles as they will be reheated at the end of the recipe.
- Make sure your bacon is extra crisp as it holds up better in the recipe.
- Slice your cabbage thin so it cooks faster.
- If you want a hearty meal add thinly sliced pieces of kielbasa sausage when you add the onions.
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 463IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg