Instant Pot Chili
Quick and easy chili recipe that is made in your pressure cooker. Tastes like it's been simmered all day!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz beef broth
- 15.5 oz canned chili beans
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cans diced petite tomatoes 14.5 oz each, do not drain
- Optional toppings - sour cream, green onions, sour cream etc.
Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Add olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Add the meat and onions. Cook until browned, breaking up the beef with a spatula as you stir. Add the minced garlic during the last minute of cooking.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir until combined.
Turn the Instant Pot to Manual and set to 25 minutes. After the cooking time is done release the pressure manually or allow it to release naturally when the chili is done cooking.
Serve with desired toppings.
What are Chili Beans?
For this recipe, I like to use canned chili beans which are kidney beans that are canned in a mild chili sauce. You can also find pinto chili beans and red chili beans that will work, too! You can use regular canned beans instead but your chili might not be as flavorful so you will want to increase the amount of seasonings in the recipe if you don't use chili beans.
Don't Forget the Toppings!
What Can I Serve with Chili?
- A dollop of sour cream
- A sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Instead of cheddar cheese try pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese.
- Try some diced red onion instead of green onions.
- Add some crushed tortilla chips or corn chips on top for some crunch.
- Diced avocado or a scoop of guacamole is delicious, too!
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1907mg | Potassium: 1841mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1802IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 9mg