Creamy and easy casserole with broccoli and a buttery cracker topping!
- 2 packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed 16 oz each
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 c. crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 Tbs butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Stir until combined. Place the mixture in prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl combine the crackers and butter. Spread evenly over the broccoli mixture.
Place casserole dish in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set and top is golden brown.
How to Thaw Frozen Broccoli
Substituting Fresh Broccoli
- The easiest way to thaw it is in the refrigerator overnight. As it thaws, the liquid will collect in the bottom of the bowl (or in the bag) and you’ll want to drain that off before you add it to your casserole.
- If you’re like me and forget to toss it in the fridge, you can thaw it in a bowl of water on the counter but it will need a little time to completely thaw out. Then just drain it and you can make the recipe.
- You will need about 6 cups of fresh broccoli florets if you'd rather use fresh broccoli instead of frozen broccoli.
- Add broccoli florets to a large heavy-bottomed stockpot of boiling water. Cook for 3-5 minutes and then drain broccoli from the water. Set aside.
- Follow the recipe according to directions after that.
Calories: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1207mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1405IU | Vitamin C: 136mg | Calcium: 385mg | Iron: 4mg