Instant Pot Pulled
Tender, juicy pulled pork made in your Instant Pot!
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder cut in half
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ c. water
- 1 tsp hickory flavored smoke
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- Optional: Buns additional BBQ sauce of topping
Select the saute function on the Instant Pot to preheat the pot. When the pot is hot add vegetable oil to it. Place pork in pot and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Add water and hickory flavored smoker to cooking pot.
Place lid on in lock position and make sure the valve is turned to closed. Select High Pressure for 75 minutes.
When the cook time ends, let it naturally release for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes let any remaining pressure out of Instant Pot be turning the valve to open.
Remove pork from the pot and shred with two forks, discard excess fat as your shred.
Strain liquid from pot, reserving ½ c. of liquid. Place shredded pork in the cooking pot with 1 c. of barbecue sauce and reserved liquid. Stir to combine. Set Instant Pot to saute to warm the mixture up; stirring frequently.
Serve on buns with additional barbecue sauce if desired.
- You definitely want to use pork shoulder which is a tougher cut of meat that has the right amount of fat. As it cooks all the fat melts and the meat turns really tender. If you can’t find pork shoulder you can use pork butt, too, which is a similar (but not the same!) cut.
- Leftovers they will keep well in the fridge for three to four days
- Nutrition does not include buns.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 813mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg