Classic cocktail recipe that is a delicious combination of whiskey or bourbon, bitters and sugar.
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 sugar cube with a splash of water muddled
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 orange peel or lemon
Place the sugar cube at the bottom of an old-fashioned glass. Add bitters and muddle for 1 minute.
Fill the glass with ice.
Pour in bourbon and stir well.
Express the oil of an orange peel over the glass, then drop in.
- Some people skip the orange peel garnish and add a maraschino cherry or skip the garnish all together.
- Rye Whiskey is the classic alcohol used in this, but you can substitute a bourbon for that if you'd prefer that.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 19mg