Air Fryer Asparagus
Roasted asparagus that is perfectly seasoned and cooked in your Air Fryer!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus ends trimmed
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Lemon wedges optional
Place the asparagus on a plate or lined sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle seasonings on it. Toss to coat.
Place the asparagus spears in the air fryer basket and close. Turn air fryer to 390 degrees and cook for 8-9 minutes or until asparagus is roasted to desired level, this will depend on the thickness of your spears so monitor closely!
Serve with lemon wedges on the side if desired.
How to Prep Asparagus
Before you cook it, you will want to trim the ends. The ends are tough and fibrous and you can trim them a couple of ways:
Other Ways to Dress it Up
What I love about this recipe is that you can change up the seasonings and garnishes depending on what you like! Here are some other ways to season it:
- Hold one stalk and bend it. It will naturally break where the tough end meets the more tender part.
- Or, you can use a knife and trim an inch or two off the ends. You can do this with several at a time to make it faster.
- Add some dried herbs like parsley, thyme, oregano or Italian seasoning before you cook them.
- You can coat them in flavored oils if you have them on hand - olive oil flavored with garlic, herbs, and other seasonings is an easy way to dress them up.
- For serving, try adding some grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese sprinkled over the top.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs before you serve them, too! Parsley or chives would work great.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg