Use a mixture of frozen or fresh berries and cake mix to make this quick and easy cobbler for dessert!
- 6 c. frozen mixed berries or fresh
- ½ c. brown sugar packed
- 15.25 oz box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 c. butter softened
- ½ c. milk
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl berries with brown sugar and lemon juice. Then pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
In a medium bowl mix remaining ingredients except granulated sugar until well combined, some small lumps may remain.
Spoon cake mixture over berries and then spread evenly.
Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over the cake mixture, then place the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serve topped with your choice of ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips and Variations
- What I love about this recipe is that you can use fresh or frozen fruit! I usually buy the frozen mixed berries which are a combination of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. You can also use all of the same kind of berry if you don't want to do a mix.
- You can also use other combinations of fruit - peaches and blueberries are a great combo or try cherries or blackberries!
- For the cake mix, you can use yellow or white cake mix - it's your choice.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg