Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
These quick and easy cookies only require six ingredients! They are chewy, dense and delicious, plus naturally gluten-free.
- 1 c. peanut butter creamy
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. light brown sugar gently packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all the ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Roll into 2” balls (I used a 2” cookie scoop for this step) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave 2 inches of space between each cookie.
Using a fork, flatten and create a crisscross pattern on each cookie. You may need to dip your fork into granulated sugar if the dough sticks to your fork.
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown along the edges.
Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Even though these peanut butter cookies taste great on their own, they are a great base for additional ingredients. Add in about 1 cup of whatever you would like to add into these cookies. Some options are:
- Chocolate chips
- Walnuts or peanuts: you can even add in crunchy peanut butter if you would like an easy crunch.
- Dried fruit: you can add in raisins, golden raisins, dried cranberries, etc.
- A quick way to get a little crunch in these cookies is to use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy.
- Mix up the flavor and use a honey roasted peanut butter instead of regular.
- Don’t not over bake, you want them to be soft, so pull them at 10 minutes. They will continue to bake on the pan when you cool them.
- Love chocolate and peanut butter? Dress these up by melting a few chocolate chips and drizzling them with chocolate.
- Don’t forget to criss cross the tops with the fork. This batter is denser than regular cookie dough and this helps to bake the cookies more evenly.
- Room Temperature – You can store your cookies at room temperature for 7-10 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container to avoid them becoming stale.
- Freezer – These cookies also freeze well! You can freeze them for up to 3-6 months in an air tight container for best quality. Just pop them into the microwave at half power in order to eat.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg