Quick and easy casserole with a creamy tuna mixture with egg noodles, peas and cheese then topped with a buttery panko topping!
- 12 oz egg noodles
- ¼ c. onion finely diced
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 5 oz cans tuna drained
- 2 10 oz cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Boil noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain.
In a large bowl combine noodles, onions, peas, soup, milk, cheese and tuna. Mix well.
Spread into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish or 2.5 quart casserole dish
Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle it over the casserole.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Like I mentioned, you can prep this casserole up to a day in advance and then bake it later. Since it will be cold from the refrigerator you may need to add a few minutes on the cooking time. It's a great meal to make for friends or family - once you've assembled it, just chill it, write a note with the baking instructions and all they have to do is pop it in the oven!
- You can also freeze this for an easy freezer meal. Under cook the noodles slightly, pour it into a freezer safe dish and skip the topping. Allow it to cool completely, then cover with aluminum foil and store int eh freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use thaw in refrigerator overnight. Before baking make crumb topping, top and bake. I add about 15 minutes to baking time since it's cold to begin with.
- The leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for two to three days. I like to store them in smaller containers so we have some easy lunches - just warm it up in the microwave!
- I love this recipe the way it is, but you can add other ingredients if you want to dress it up. Vegetables like broccoli, green beans and cooked mushrooms would work well! You can also switch up the cheese - try white cheddar or gruyere cheese. Sometimes I sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the breadcrumbs.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1409mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 889IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 399mg | Iron: 5mg