Looking for a new, healthy summer salad? This salad is bursting with flavor from a mixture of cucumbers, red onion, mint and watermelon then tossed in a lime dressing and topped with feta cheese.
- 3 c. watermelon cubed
- 1 English Cucumber, diced about 1 ½ c.
- ½ c. red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint thinly sliced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ c. Feta cheese crumbled
In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cucumbers, onions, and mint
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper
Drizzle dressing over the watermelon mixture and toss to coat
Sprinkle with feta cheese
Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 1 day
- English cucumbers are sweeter than regular ones and have very few seeds. Plus, you don’t need to peel them! You can use a regular one, but it will be a little more bitter and you will need to peel it and remove the seeds.
- You can easily toss this salad together and serve it right away, but sometimes I make it an hour or two in advance so the flavors have time to fully develop and marry together.
- If you do make it ahead, wait to add the mint. It has a tendency to brown so add it just before you serve it.
- If you have leftovers, they will keep in the refrigerator for up to a day. The watermelon and cucumber will release juices as they sit so it may be a little juicier than when you first made it, but it still tastes amazing! Just make sure to serve it with a slotted spoon.
- This is such a great way to use watermelon during the summer - the combination of flavors is unique and work perfectly together. Whenever I make it it's the first side dish to disappear. I hope you love it, too!
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1319IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 1mg