Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
Toasty grilled cheese sandwiches with melted cheese made in your Air Fryer!
- 4 slices Texas Toast or any thick, hearty bread
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 4 slices cheese good melting like American, Swiss, Cheddar etc.
Butter one side of each piece of bread. Lay a piece of cheese on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread top with another slice of bread, butter side out. Repeat for a second sandwich.
Place sandwiches in an Air Fryer basket making sure they aren’t overlapping, depending on your Air Fryer size you might have to do one at a time. Cook at 350 degrees for about 4-5 minutes and flip the sandwich. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the outside of the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted inside. Different types of bread will cook at different rates so make sure to check it!
- If you can’t find Texas toast you can substitute another sturdy sandwich bread that you like!
- When you cook a sandwich in the air fryer you don’t need as much butter so use a light hand. It will still come out really toasty and delicious!
- Make sure your sandwiches are in an even layer and not overlapped. In order for them to evenly toast and cook both sides need to be exposed to the hot air circulating in the air fryer.
- Depending on the kind of bread and how much cheese you add (less is more!) be sure to keep an eye on your sandwiches while they cook. It’s always a good idea to check before the end of the cooking time to ensure they don’t over cook.
Calories: 608kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 868mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 916IU | Calcium: 404mg | Iron: 12mg