Red White and Blue Ice Cream
No churn vanilla ice cream that is turned into this patriotic dessert perfect for summer!
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Food coloring - Red White and Blue
Place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes
Place bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes
Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are really cold
In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form
In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth
Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream
Divide mixture into 3 separate bowls (it will be about 2 cup each)
Color each bowl with a different color by GENTLY folding the coloring into the mixture
Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container
- For best results, it’s best to chill the bowl and the whisk before you whip the cream. It works a lot better!
- You will also want all of the ingredients for the base nice and chilled before you make it.
- When you whip the cream, do it long enough so it holds stiff peaks. This means when you pull the whisk up the whipped cream holds its shape without falling back into itself. Read my post about how to make whipped cream for even more tips!
- I like to use a loaf pan or square baking dish to freeze the ice cream. I like to put it in the freezer before I start so it’s nice and cold.
- Be sure to store your ice cream in the coldest part of the freezer which is usually at the back. You don’t want it exposed to warm air because it will partially melt and then refreeze. If this happens the texture will be grainy instead of creamy.
- As long as it’s tightly covered and kept frozen it will keep for several weeks in the freezer.
- This recipe has a patriotic theme, but you can easily change out the colors to make your own custom version.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 60mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1166IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg